Day 5 & 6
This is the same nutrition as the previous days, 3 Clean meals keeping your carbs low but really loading up on your veggies at every meal ensure you keep rotating your food so you are not eating the same things day after day. Mix it up
But you can add a handful of starchy carbs post workout – that’s only a small handful. Keep your portion small. If you feel you have enough energy then leave out the starchy carbs and focus on eating more veggies experiment with all the different veggies that are available right now.
ONLY HAVE STARCHY CARBS UP TO AN HOUR AFTER DOING YOUR WORKOUT
KSFL is about cycling your starchy carbs in on different days. If you eat plenty of veggies, meat, fish and eggs you are getting ample carbs/nutrients/proteins just ensure you eat plenty at every sitting.
There is no diary in KSFL at all – The body cannot process diary and milk it is so pasteurized by the time we get it. Plus it only has the tinest amount of calcium in, you will get more calcium from spinach and veggies again so load up on these.
Why no fruit – Fruit is high in sugar and sugar causing an insulin spike. I will tlk more about this on an audio blog tomorrow.
Veggies are your FRIEND!
What are starchy carbs?
1.Drink 1 litre of Water
Ensure you get in a minimum of 3 litres of bottled water through the day.
Stay Strong everyone.
3 Feeds No snacks Lots of veggies
Upon Rising 1 Litre of water
1 x Licorice tea
1 x Greens Drink
Meal 1 – 4 egg Omlette with Chicken/Courgettes/Green Bean/ small sweet potatoe – 5 Fish oil caps
Meal 2 – Salmon lots of Green Veggies – 5 Fish Oil Caps
Perform another workout if you have time
Feed 3 – Turkey Stir fry / Avocado – 5 Fish Oils
3 x litres of Bottled Water
Here are your more intense workouts to choose from
Workout8 from Rachel L Holmes on Vimeo.
Workout9KSFL2012 from Rachel L Holmes on Vimeo.
Here are some lighter options for you to try
Good Quality and Quantity of Sleep for Maximum Fat Loss
Make it a habit to go to bed at the same time nightly and you’ll have a better body composition. Adequate sleep duration is linked to less belly fat both visceral and subcutaneous and overall body composition. It is also essential not to vary the amounts of sleep you get from day-to-day catching by up on sleep at the weekends or other days. Focus on getting the same amount of sleep every night.
Sleep deprivation, even for a night or 2 will affect the body’s natural ability to maintain homo-stasis. This leads to altered stress hormone levels that hinder rest and recovery. Longer periods of sleep deprivation or unbalanced sleep all further the body’s ability to regulate hormones that deal with stress.
This will lead to elevate the stress hormone cortisol, which is linked to fat gain and poor body composition.
Things you can do to ensure you get adequate sleep a good night sleep.
1. Go to bed at the same time every night. Make it a priority and stick to it even if you don’t feel tired.
2. The hour before you go to bed set aside time to do things that relax you. For example reading, meditating or my personal favorite filling out a journal of what you are grateful for that day, can all be helpful to calm your mind to get your body ready for sleep.
3. Switch off your mobile phone or turn it to airplane mode. Turn of computers, screens, standby on TVs at least 30 min before you go to bed.
4. Write your to do list for the following day before you go to sleep, so your brain will work on things to do the following day.
5. Stay away from grains and refined sugar snacks before bed. The reason why they ruin sleep is they raise blood sugar, and create a reactive hypoglycaemia that awakens you and makes it impossible to fall asleep again. Eating refined sugar snacks before bed is the main cause why women wake up before 1 AM, refined grains often contain allergens such as gluten which cause the body to make cortisol which will awaken you in the night will stop you getting back to sleep.
Sleep in a Batcave. You should sleep in complete darkness or as close as possible. Even the tiniest bit of light in the room can mess up your sleep quality.
7 . Stretch in the evening. Static stretching every evening is an excellent way to bring down an overly excited nervous system. This will this will also help relax you and prepare you for a good sleep.
It is crucial to your fat loss success to improve the quality and quantity of your sleep. Don’t underestimate the power of the quality and quantity of your sleep for your fax loss goals.
Hope that helps you have sweet dreams.
Leave a Reply