Are you feeling stressed with work/ life?!
Read our tried and tested tips to get stress relief:
- Exercise. Whether it be running, yoga, pilates or anything else you enjoy DO IT! Exercise is a way to manage stress that doesn’t have to be expensive either. One 20 minute stint of exercise can provide up to 12 hours of improved mood.
- Socialize. Spending time with your loved ones who give you a sense of belonging, purpose, and fun may provide all the stress relief you need.
- Write. Dedicating a period of time every day to write in a journal about a situation that is bothering you may reduce tension and give you stress relief for the rest of the day. This is also great for managing tasks and scribbling down thoughts.
- Laugh. Laughter really is the best medicine. It is proven to lower tension, and at the same time, improves blood flow and the health of your heart.
- Take care of yourself. PRIORITISE YOU- healthy eating, physical activity, relationships, and sleep is necessary if you want to avoid making your stress worse.
- Get some fresh air. Get outdoors, take a few minutes to get outside and see the sun. A little time in the great outdoors can improve your mood and help you relax.
- Be kind to yourself. Think about positive affirmations daily. Thinking negatively only makes you feel bad and will increase stress.
- Meditate. Practice deep breathing and meditation exercises daily, and when you feel tension rising.
- Be thankful. Showing thanks for your family, friends, and loved ones and being thankful for the positive aspects of your life has a calming affect.
- Make a change. Sometimes the best way to obtain stress relief is to remove your source of tension or learn how to manage it.
We hope you found this helpful!
Tell us about your stresses @KSFLUK