Here are 10 foods that are high in fibre:
- Legumes: Beans, lentils, and chickpeas are all excellent sources of fibre.
- Whole grains: Whole grains such as oats, quinoa, and brown rice are high in fiber and other nutrients.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds like almonds, chia seeds, and flax seeds are high in fiber and also contain healthy fats and protein.
- Fruits: Many fruits are high in fiber, including apples, berries, and pears.
- Vegetables: Vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and artichokes are high in fiber and other nutrients.
- Popcorn: Popcorn is a whole grain that is high in fiber, especially when it is air-popped or made with minimal added salt or fat.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are a good source of fiber, as well as vitamins A and C.
- Avocado: Avocado is a good source of fiber and healthy fats.
- Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate is high in fiber and also contains antioxidants and other nutrients.
- Psyllium husk: Psyllium husk is a dietary supplement that is high in fiber and can be added to smoothies, baked goods, and other foods.
Need help with your nutrition and are you menopausal?
Join my January Programme