I am SO excited this week with my new toys!
Spiralizers are SO popular right now and are a great way to make clean and quick meals that are also delicious!
I received 2 spiralizers this week to try out and here was what I thought:
- Lakeland delivery was fast and packaged well
- The colour of the spiralizer was nice although maybe a little old fashioned and might not fit into every kitchen colour scheme discretely!
- SO easy to use – all you need to do is chop the ends off your vegetable and attach it on both sides and turn the handle.
- The handle was easy to turn with a little pressure however it is a bit of a workout if you are spiralling more than one piece of veg.
- The suction feet stop the spiralizer sliding around
- The veg moves through in to spirals very easily but will need cleaning well after as it gets caught in the blades.
- It is easy to clean but be careful when cleaning the blades
- It Includes 3 interchangeable stainless steel blades which are easy to change and stored nicely in the side.
- I felt like the centre of the fruit was wasted but there was still plenty of the vegetable used
- It comes with 2 great recipes to try out
- The spiralizer was great value for money and I did not miss the extra gadgets offered in the other model.
2. The ‘Vegan with a twist Attila Hildmann edition’ by Lurch (from UK Juicers ltd)
- UK Juicers’ delivery was fast and packaged well
This one looks very similar to the other but is promoted by a German chef.
- The colour I thought was a lot more low key and therefore would fit in with most kitchen colour schemes.
- Again it was SO easy to use and little pressure needed to get it going.
- The vegetable went through the blades very smoothly but did need cleaning well afterwards to get the stuck vegetable out- be careful when cleaning the blades
- The suction feet stopped it sliding
- For this special edition they have added a 1.5mm noodle blade for fine cut ‘raw spaghetti’ shapes
- The rest of the interchangeable blades can be stored discreetly in the the side of the spiralizer
- This model has a reduced diameter cut from the centre of all your ingredients so there is less waste compared to the other model
- It comes with 6 lovely recipes compared to 2 with the other model
- The price was good if you want the extra recipes and gadgets and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
I would happily recommend both spiralizers that I received as well as the brands that delivered them. Great quality products that were easy to use. I LOVED the meals we created with them…they were SO healthy but tasty at the same time. There are so many vegetables and fruit that you can use and It is a really fun way to increase your 5 a day.
To see the lovely meals we made with the spiralizers check out my cookery videos by clicking HERE
For more Spiralizer recipes keep your eye out for the new Rescue Recipe book COMING SOON